Wednesday 2 June 2010

Guilt

Guilt is what you feel when you do something or someone wrong, at least this is what I was taught. However there is a new form of guilt that has emerged this last century, the kind that no one warns you about, it's the Food Guilt.. That's right, the one where you feel guilty because you are stuffing yourself.
All my life I have been eating without thinking but as I am getting older (not too old just 30) I feel I suddenly have to watch what I am eating and from this moment onwards, everytime I indulge myself, I feel guilty.
This morning I half enjoyed my croissant, half worried over eating it.
The worst of it is I am not even fat..So what has happened to me???
I thought I was "magazine proof", that all these years of reading magazines and watching celebrities did not influence the way I enjoyed food (or in this case comfort food) yet it seems that now I am confirming statistics that society can really dictate the way you feel about yourself even in your subconscience.
We really are victims of our own admirations so from now on it might be best to read less magazines and get a reality check....It is what's on the inside that matters, so less guilt and more love for yourself...
I'm off to run now...just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment